Sunday, September 5, 2021

Post Notifications/Subscription Service

Since I am starting to make more spreadsheets, here is an update.

In the past, it was requested for this site to have an e-mail notification for any spreadsheet posts I make. If I made a post, you would get an email notification. This way you don't have to check here regularly. I added that feature because it was requested.

Google ended support for post notification/subscription service for blogger.

I was able to find what I think is an acceptable alternative. I am posting this update to ask for help from anyone that wants to subscribes to the new service.

I want this to be only a post-notification/update email. 

I do not want to send anyone daily, weekly, or monthly reminders. My updates are very infrequent. I am not trying to spam your inbox or increase traffic. This is not that kind of page.

  1. I hope you only receive a single email and only when there is a new spreadsheet available.
    1. If you get inundated with emails, please comment below.

  2. It looks like you can simply enter your email and that will work.
    1. I don't want anyone to have to register an account with "follow.it" in order to get my post. Please comment if I am wrong.

  3. If the subscription service "follow.it" begins spamming your inbox, please let me know.

Just like the old button, the new service is directly to the right at the top of the labels/tags. I did export the list of emails from the old service. I will add them to the new service once I feel it is working properly.

If this service turns out poorly, I will have to find a different RSS feed or alternative newsletter type of service. Suggestions are welcome.

Please let me know your thoughts or comments. It will be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Really impressed and kind of proud that you're keeping this blog up and still posting the occasional update. Your work has been a big life saver for me and literally anyone I've trained with since I'm always gushing about how useful and informative your blog is.

    The notification via email method is fine in my book and doesn't really bother me, lord knows I've subscribed and forgotten to unsub from way less useful sites than this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Raiu for following up to my post.

    I'm glad people are finding this website useful/helpful. I appreciate you spreading the word about the website to your fellow lifters. I hope you all continue to find it useful.

    I'll be sure to keep posting. Some have signed up to the follow-it service and I haven't heard about spam yet so this is good. My next post will be a better test for it.

    Thank you again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ivan,

    I emailed you a Chinese weightlifting spreadsheet for consideration. Can you please let me know if you received it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really great information. I have visited so many blogs however, I found the most relevant info here.

    ReplyDelete